Glass is a required and preferred material for certain applications because of its desirable physical and chemical properties. Small diameter precision bore glass tubing is a specialty of Richland Glass. Use of this product is extensive in the medical field with applications in medical devices or with direct and indirect patient contact. In addition to our normal quality procedures that include statistical process and quality controls, we can provide quality related features for medical applications delivered ready for insertion into your medical device. Additionally, Richland has unique manufacturing capabilities to fabricate custom design products used in the life sciences markets.
Applications / Components for:
• Restrictors for Disposable Blood Pressure Transducers (DPT)
• Flow Restrictors for infusion pumps, saline flush devices and metering of gases
• Capillary Tubes for the delivery of medication or collection of blood
• Diagnostic testing
• Medical Devices
• Precision restrictors as small as 35 microns
• Flow testing capabilities
• State-of-the-art manufacturing vision inspection systems
• Drug Master File
• Environmentally controlled clear room inspection and packaging.
• Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) compliance regulations enforced by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). CGMPs provide for systems that assure proper design, monitoring, and control of manufacturing processes and facilities